Random Rant from Hicksville

Friday, December 09, 2005

I'm a Crew Member, get me a Beer!

Since my last post I've been pretty busy working on a tacky show called, "I'm a Celebrity, get Me out of here!" which screens on ITV1 in the UK.

I got the gig as a camera assist, which basically means I carry a lot of heavy shit that costs a lot of money that I can't drop or it'll break. The idea for me was to get an entry-level gig and meet all the right people so that next gig I can get an audio gig, which is what I've been planning for a while.

I have to say though, I'd definitely do camera assist again because it was actually a lot of fun and quite a bit different to what I normally do (and there's also the probability of doing more shooting, which is very cool and I quite enjoy it). I was lucky that I hooked up with a really good cameraman who ended up getting to shoot nearly all of the 'celebrity chest' challenges which were stacks of fun. Fiji is hopefully on the cards next, although it's not confirmed just yet and I'm hoping to get an audio gig on that. That would be a considerable cash injection (4 months work!) and would mean i can finally up and go to do my euro trip that I've had not-so-secretly planned for the last few years. The idea of the trip would be;

1/ Get on plane to france.

2/ Purchase bicycle or cheap moto (i'm not sure yet, I might even just walk but the bike appeals 'cos it means i can't take much with me which will hopefully lead to more fun things like living by the seat of my pants a little more)

3/ Start riding/ walking / whatever

4/ Go to UK when i run out of money and work a bit (hopefully not before 12 months have elapsed)



So that's a brief update for now, more to follow when I remember what happened

2 Comments:

  • Check out hippyblog. A few months ago he did a cycle tour of Europe and he's now settling in the UK... so it might be well worth the read. (Also he says nice things about me.)

    By Blogger Tamyka Bell, at 4:24 PM  

  • Hey, I'm just diving back here for a look-see and you're another frickin' Aussie polluting the UK!
    Nice one bruvva!!! hehehehe :D

    I'm living in London now after my bike trip. Doing some more travel as funds allow.

    It's true, I DO say nice things about the lovely Tam :P
    (now where's my sick bucket?) ;)

    By Blogger hippy, at 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home